"error 1602" during restore 1.1.1 jailbreaked itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by abnormal, Nov 12, 2007.

1. abnormal macrumors newbie

hi, one day i've decided do not deinstall some apps on my jailbreaked 1.1.1 itoch but simply to do the restore of device to get the "untouched" 1.1.1 factory state... but when im trying to restore via itunes (holding shift+restore, then selecting 1.1.1 ipsw etc) it cames with an "error 1602" message and itouch didnt want to back to factory defaults... still running its usual customized look...

help me, how to make it to be like when im unboxed it?

ps. mail, maps and notes from iphone installed, bsd subsystem etc

2. abnormal thread starter macrumors newbie

3. abnormal thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont know how, but installing-reinstalling itunes and other ipod-related apple stuff on pc is helps me... im allready flashed default 1.1.1 firmware, but the restore-update functions in itunes sometimes giving the same 1602 error... i hope apple solve this bugs in next builds of itunes...

now im happy running my ipod on 1.1.1 and waiting for next firmware releases and "safe and easy" ways to jailbreak it...

4. meagain macrumors 68030

Abnormal - I'm also getting the 1602 error. (iPhone 1.1.1, jailbroke, iTunes 7.4.2) I can move between iPhone firmwares, Jailbreak, but no AT&T and when I go through the correct motions to do what I want - am getting this 1602 error right at the end when I'm on the verge of greatness.

Apple's instructions don't indicate if 1602 is indicative to 7.4.2 or 7.5 iTunes.
    Further, I'm scared to remove my 7.4.2 iTunes and question why I need to. Plus, I don't see from the instructions how I can save my stuff in it. Guess I'm still a Mac newbie even after a year.

I'm still thinking this MobileDevice thing is causing my issue. Anyone familiar with the 1602 error and found an easy fix or has an inkling of understanding about it?

5. Manders macrumors newbie

1602 error

I had the 1602 error as well. I tried different usb ports and that did not work. I just brought the iphone into work and tries on my coomputer here and the update to 1.1.2 went right through. Then I was able to run the jailbreak 1.1.2 program.