Error 1604, DFU Mode Help (Buttons dont work)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by damitssam, May 2, 2011.

1. damitssam macrumors 6502

I am trying to get into DFU mode, but my power button doesn't work... I tried using the wiki and none of the methods suggested works...

I don't care about my band loss or anything, I just need to restore this goddam phone so I can get another one. I've spent 8 hours on this... ANYONE have any solution.

I am using tinyumbrella, it gets through the first part fine then says: Preparing Iphone for restore, in which it stays there for 5 minute and gives the error 1604.

Is it the lack of DFU mode killing me here? Or what shall I do. I can't get into DFU mode cause of this stupid damn power button :(

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Without the power button, you'll have to erase the settings to clear your phone. Or restore in iTunes.
    Your phone must be functional to enter DFU.

3. damitssam thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it was functional, since I could always plug into computer.

Good news I guess, now its just stuck on the apple icon after I Deleted everything. The good news is I can't get into DFU mode, so the apple store rep will probably blame it on hardware.

You think they can detect if its a software problem if the phone doesn't show up on the store computer?! It cant enter DFU mode cause the power button is broken.

I like my odds.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

When I wrote functional, I meant working hardware. If you can't enter DFU, it's not functional.
    Since you've erased everything, you'll be able to get a replacement. Now, if you did the ipad bb, that's a different matter altogether.