error 1604 on an iPhone 3G? HELP!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AIRniloc, Apr 3, 2010.

1. AIRniloc macrumors regular

AIRniloc

i accidentally upgraded to the 3.1.3 software on my iPhone 3g..

after some searching, i went ahead and followed these instructions:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/03/how-to-jailbreak-iphone-os-313-iphone-3g-pwnagetool.html

after entering DFU mode and connecting to iTunes, i selected my custom .ipsw and thought all was well...after about 5-10 minutes i got an error message in iTunes saying the iPhone couldn't be restored..error 1604

anyone know what i should do next?

Edit: I went ahead and restored my iPhone to the normal 3.1.3..Still frustrated...

What is the easiest method for jail breaking an iPhone 3G with 3.1.3??? I've tried redsnow and pwnagetool 3.1.5 to no avail

I just want to jailbreak, not unlock..

thanks for any help in advance

2. AIRniloc thread starter macrumors regular

AIRniloc

thanks for the link, but these are the exact steps i followed which gave me the 1604 error :(

i suppose i'll try it again, as I can't recall if i was using chrome or safari as my browser when i DLd the .ipsw file..

thanks!

3. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

i remember i got that same error awhile back with my 3G....i just googled the error and got plenty of info on how to get rid of it...good luck.

4. ssajous macrumors member

Any luck so far?

Any luck on this? I have the same issue. I have not seen any fixes for this online. There is as software that works for the 3g on this but not for the 3gs