error 1611 HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jigsoak, Sep 27, 2008.

1. jigsoak macrumors newbie

i updated my iphone 2G from 2.0 to 2.1 using pwnage tool, but after that, a connect to itunes sign appeared on the screen of my iphone, and every time i click recovery (command+recovery), it says error 1611.
    i've tried a lot of things: connecting it to another computer (itunes doesn't recognize it), reinstalling itunes 8.0 and then 7.5, ifuntastic (it says i have a connection problem, but i click the message to solve it, and it doesn't work...) i don't know if this 1611 means no battery charge because i read that somewhere, i've been looking for answers for about 12 hours... is my phone lost?

what else should i do?

thanks.. :(

2. croce macrumors newbie

error 1611

Good Lord, I hope you've got an answer for this one! I had the same error today and resolved it. I hope you did too!

3. F1rE macrumors newbie

Croce pls help me i tryed for ONE MONTH to restore it i got the same error 1611...tryed to restore it on diferent computer ,mac ,DFU mode ,recovery mode,hard reset,all versions of iTunes ,all usb ports ,other data cable , did someone had this error and fixed it ???? pls i`ll apreciate it so much !