Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papelboyl1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
I've searched the net and most of the responses I've seen have something to do with iOS 4.x and downgrading.

Any ideas? thank you

waljaber

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2012
I got the same error but i fixed it.

hi, simply update absinth to 2.0.4 and it will work ;)))).

robomx

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2012
Error 2000 & Absinthe.exe has stoped working

Hi guys, anyhelp on this? I am recieving both errors Error 2000 on redsn0w & Absinthe.exe has stoped working both are the most updated jailbreak of each version.

I have done a factory restore, I have near to nothing on my phone but can't work out why I can't jail break my iphone 4 after my iPad 2jailbroke so easily.

any help?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
from the iphone wiki:Errors 20xx

Errors 2000-2009 (from Apple support): If you experience this issue on a Mac, disconnect third-party devices, hubs, spare cables, displays, reset the SMC, and then try to restore. If you are using a Windows computer, remove all USB devices and spare cables other than your keyboard, mouse, and the device, restart the computer, and try to restore. If that does not resolve the issue, try the USB issue-resolution steps and articles listed for Error 1604. If the issue persists, it may be related to conflicting security software.

Also make sure you have the latetst itunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.