Error 3002 when restoring iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Just returned the iPhone 4 to the Apple store due to a hardware issue (the phone had to be replaced - was JB'd with GP on 4.1 w/ 1.59 BB before restoring to take back to the Apple store). Just got home w/ the new iP4.

I now have a new problem: The new device (on 4.0.2 w. 1.59 baseband) now gives me an "error 3002" when I try to restore using 4.1 firmware file saved to my PC using Shift=restore and Tiny Umbrella. My goal is to restore to 4.1 and keep the 1.59 baseband as I had before - just did this a couple days ago w/ a iP4 that was on 4.0.1... Anyone have an idea as to what the issue is now?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Don't know if it matters or not, but I was unable to restore from previous backups in iTunes as well. Said something along the line of the "software is too old, restore as new device". I did this, and now I'm concerned that all of the contacts, pics and music etc. that I have backed up might not make it to the new device....

2. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Update to an older firmware isn't working, because Apple is no longer handing out SHSHs for the device/firmware combination.
    Updating to 4.1, so this isn't the problem.
    Or a timeout checking Apple server - retry later.
    Could be, I suppose - but doesn't seem very likely.
    This error also happens if you try to Update with a local TSS server (TinyUmbrella tool) and probably also when connecting to Cydia Server. Use Restore instead.
    This seems most likely - I'm just not sure how to fix it. I did click restore, I just held shift and selected the locally saved 4.1 firmware instead of iTunes only. My real question then is how do I fix this so that I can stay on 1.59 BB when updating to 4.1 firmware?

Thanks for the link and the help!

3. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Nevermind - I'm an absolute idiot. Forgot to save SHSH blobs on TU after getting the new devive... Did that and now I have no problems...