iPhone Error 3002 when updating to 7.1

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by honam1021, Dec 1, 2013.

1. honam1021 macrumors regular

I have my UDID registered. I attempted to update to 7.1 using the "update" option in iTunes, I always get a 3002 error.

Any ideas?

2. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Easy fix. Google it.

3. honam1021 thread starter macrumors regular

I found nothing helpful

4. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

You really need to google it. Over 20 results instantly come up, explains the error and the resuolution. But if you are honestly a dev then you need to be posting in the dev forum. The error that you are speaking of is also explained in the dev iOS forum. If after all of that you still can't find a resolution then bring your phone back to apple and tell them that you shouldn't be allowed to own it.

5. zone23 macrumors 68000

This maybe a stupid question but why not just download the ispw from apples developer downloads?

6. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Because he bought an illegal slot and had someone register his UDID. Now either he has no idea how to install or he got scammed and his UDID wasn't registered. Either way if he can't look up the error then he shouldn't be using a beta. Any real dev has access to the dev forums and those forums have all of the info a real dev needs. Pay the 99 bucks if you want to test legally.

7. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Edit host file... If you don't know how to do that, then Google it. If you are real developer, you should able to do that with ease. If you are not, then google it how to edit host file related with this error....

----------

In which ground makes you the moral authority to criticize someone like OP? In which way can you really sure he brought the UDID illegally? Even if he did, you are not the moral judge. If you really don't want help the OP, you really should have ignore him.

I really don't think not paying $99 will cause huge impact to Apple and Apple really does not care buying UDID illegally,

8. honam1021 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know if it is illegal, I got the udid registration aloneside with the provisioning profile that I got in order to play with some emulators. So I think that it should't be a problem to update to 7.1 at the same time

----------

I didn't get scammed, the provisioning profile that I bought from the website worked as advertised.

(I don't intend to pirate apps, I just want to play around with emulators on a 5s)

9. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

I'm not a developer and don't have my UDID registered and my iPhone updated to up 7.1 beta 1 just fine.