Error 3014 upgrading to iOS 5 - what is it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Achtung, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Achtung macrumors member

I have been trying to upgrade to iOS 5 for an hour - I keep getting an error (3014). My iphone 4 is now stuck in restore mode. I am unable to move past the error while trying to restore. What is the error and what should I do? Thanks!

2. Darwing macrumors 6502

you have cydias server in your hosts file, go to the file and remove it, u must know what i mean cause you put it there

3. Achtung thread starter macrumors member

Nope. I assume you mean my phone is jailbroken? It isn't, and I dont have cydia.

4. Mavrack macrumors member

Mavrack

Had the same problem. I took me 27 times trying to restore it before it got through to Apple's servers. It then restored then restored from my backup. So keep trying it will get through eventually.

5. Aviator189 macrumors newbie

I keep getting error code 3004, 3014 and 14...not really sure why it wont let me update/restore.

6. Fiah macrumors newbie

Same here. Now I am stuck in recovery mode and can't restore cause it says it cannot connect to the apple servers or it gives the 3014 error.

7. jbw81 macrumors newbie

Same problem for me. It took me three tries, on the third attempt I switched to an iPhone usb cable (as opposed to one from an old iPod, that I had been using). I'm not sure if that was the trick, but just so you know.

8. nomik2 macrumors regular

Its a problem with Apple servers...keep trying or wait till tomorrow when the load is less.

9. chart328 macrumors newbie

Problem seems to have cleared up?

After about 25 attempts my iPhone 4 finally made it past this error and seems to be updating. If your iPhone is stuck in DFU mode like mine was, you might want to keep trying.

10. Henna1 macrumors newbie

iOS 5 Update Iphone 4 3014 error "Cannot Restore" Not Jailbroken

I am having the same issue. My phone is stuck in recovery mode and I can not update it or fix it. I have not added anything to my phone but apps from the app store. Help!!

11. zaaa macrumors newbie

I too was stuck in the recovery loop and now iTunes won't even detect the phone. Not jailbroken just legit apps. Help pls.

12. Effusion01 macrumors member

It is the apple servers, had same issues trying to update iPad. Worked after a few tries.

13. joris538 macrumors member

Have the same problem. Switched USB port, seems to be working now!

14. hpdrom macrumors newbie

it wont work on my iPod Touch 4Gen 8 gb

even me yesterday i tryed to restored i got 3 kind of error ive got 3005 3012 and 3014 i did it on my ipod 4th gen when it was at 3012 my ipod almost got in recovery mode help ive been waiting 5 months helpppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:apple::apple::apple:

----------

im not saying your stupid but do you know I ALL MOST GOT MY IPOD IN DFU
    DO STOP TRYING IVE GOT THE ERROR WHEN IT WAS GOING TO BOOT IN UPDATE/RESTORE MODE