Error 48 iTunes 7.6.1 Sync BUG!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Davebristol, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Davebristol macrumors newbie

I had been getting an error message 48 unable to sync and it was driving me up the wall :mad::mad:

You can cure this bug by doing the following:

iTunes 7.6.1 / Firmware 1.2.3 / 5th Gen Video iPod

BACK UP YOUR ITUNES!!!!

Set your mac clock to SPT (Southern Pacific Time) then Press restore your iPod in iTunes. This will format the iPod. Reload all of your music in to iTunes and then reload your music back on to your iPod, et vola

You can now change your clock on your mac back to GMT

It worked perfectly for me. :D:D

2. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

Whilst the restore worked for me, next time i added some tunes the Sync error (-48) came back again.
    Was thinking of reverting back to iTunes 7.5
    Anyone have any joy doing this

3. Davebristol thread starter macrumors newbie

Error 48 iTunes

Since I have reset my ipod as I mentioned above it has been working seamlessly. In fact I think the whole thing works a lot smoother and accessing music on my iPod is faster. :D:D

When I did my reset, I had to do it several times before the fix actually worked. :mad::mad::mad:

One other idea enable disc use on your ipod and check the directory structure to make sure you don't have any hard drive errors :D

4. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

Must have reset at least 6 times so far, am now only syncing podcasts to speed up the process until fixed.

Will try disc structure at the weekend and report further, thanks

Can't believe how long this issue has been around and still no fix. My Pod was fine until I re-formatted to Mac :confused:

5. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

Put into Disk Mode & ran through Disk Utility as suggested. Found a fixed a few errors and once I'd restored my iPod one last time it's been ok - so far.

Have successfully sync'd today for the first time with new material and no errors occurred. Keeping fingers very tightly crossed

Davebristol
    : Thanks for the suggestion :)

6. Davebristol thread starter macrumors newbie

Error 48 iTunes 7.6.1 Sync BUG!!

That is good news. Since fixing the bug at my end, touch wood every thing is running as sweet as.

I am glad I helped you with your problem. :D:D

7. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

So after a few days the message came back. Have found that I can sync new podcasts with no problem so am only doing that manually for now

I see Firmware version 1.3 is out, I 'll leave it a week or two and try that if no major issues are reported

8. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

Firmware Version 1.3 seems all good, about time!

9. Davebristol thread starter macrumors newbie

Error Message

Back of the net!

I recon since the frimware upgrade my ipod is running smoother, what do you recon or is it just me?! :confused: