Error 50 on Airport Extreme USB HDD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Miamifan1354, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Miamifan1354 macrumors member

Purchased a new MBP because 2007 MBP died. Time Machine Backup to new MBP, and most things work. Some programs no longer supported, but no big deal.

2TB HDD connected to Airport Extreme. Have always been able to transfer plans from work wirelessly easily. Just drag and they copy. Tried today from new MBP, and get following error.

"The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50)."

No unusual characters, no change in HDD settings from old MBP to new. Can't really transfer data to another drive, as this one is about half full (1TB) and I don't have anything with that much available space.

I thought it may be permissions error, but I can pull from the HDD no problem, just can't copy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Miamifan1354 thread starter macrumors member

Still no help on this. Tried to connect the HDD directly to mac via USB, and that worked fine, but when connected to airport extreme again, same issue.

3. Miamifan1354 thread starter macrumors member

Not sure if this is the correct way to go after this, but I kept trying different things, and I tried to activate "back to my Mac" and it worked. I'll have to check the speed and make sure everything is going via internet and not local network, but it's working for right now.