Error 53 and updates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vlad_Gabriel, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Vlad_Gabriel macrumors newbie

Vlad_Gabriel

First of all..when did this issue appeared ? Is it old ? Or just appeared some days ago? I bought a phone like 2 months ago and i updated it to 9.2 9.2.1 ..9.3 beta 1 ,2 but now i saw a few videos and i m afraid to update my phone again:)) i want to update to beta 3...
    My next question is..is there any way to decline an update ? I m getting a popup to indtall my beta 2 update but i want to wait for the beta 3 ..my phone automaticaly downloaded the beta 2 but i dont want it..
    Sry for my english

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Has your phone every been repaired in any way outside of Apple? You shouldn't have to worry about the error if not.

As far as this being new, it does seem to be a "feature" of the latest iOS buiild. It's unclear whether this is an official lockdown feature from Apple or what, but what we have seen sure seems to point in that direction.

I do believe there is a setting to change automatic downloads somewhere, though I cannot speak for beta releases. Regardless, even if it is downloaded, you aren;t forced to install it AFAIK.

3. Vlad_Gabriel thread starter macrumors newbie

Vlad_Gabriel

So it s an issue of the 9.3 beta 3 build right ?
    I cant know if my phone was repaired cuz i bought it second hand

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

No it's not new to 9.3 beta 3. It's been around since iOS 9.0. If your screen has ever been replaced by a 3rd party repair shop, once you do any iOS 9 update you then get the error.

You said you've updated to 9.2 and 9.2.1. So that should tell you that your iPhone screen either never got repaired or it has and but done by Apple.

5. Vlad_Gabriel thread starter macrumors newbie

Vlad_Gabriel

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

When you get some time Google Apple error 53 and you will find out what is happening.