Error 6/ Stuck in Recovery mode/Trying to downgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Donnyten, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Donnyten macrumors newbie

Hi.

Ok guys this is really depressing, as i've spent countless hours ( more like 5 or 6) browsing the internet trying to get rid of this problem.

I have a 2G Iphone that was running a jail broken 2.0.1, But i wanted to downgrade my firmware to 1.1.4 because i have skype and wanted to Fring with my iphoen to make free calls to landliens and mobiles, but Fring isnt out on the 2.0 firmware yet.

I was able to jailbreak using Quickpwn on my 2.0.1 firmware but now after installing itunes 8, and trying to restore because of an error i initially got when using itunes 7.5 (error 20) I was ( still am) I now get (error 6) everytime i attempt to restore 2.0.1.stuck in recovery mode with a little penguin. underneath this penguin reads "IphoneLinux.org". From my research error 20 indicates teh iphone is not in DFU mode. I beg to differ- There i no yellow triangle and there is no itunes icon on my iphone, pure black screen. I think this may have something to do with the error 20 i was getting/stuck in recovery mode/ forced to restore typa thing. And upon restoring it tried to update to 2.1 ( newest i think) and at 25 percent i get the error 6. Now i cant load any firmware onto my iphone using version 8, 7.7, or 7.5 . No wait, in fact, i get a different error if i try to use 1.1.1, which is (error 1600)

I wish I could list all the steps used but trying to find a solutioon to this has drained me of my life force so now i must rest.

My goal is to get 1.1.4 or any other version 1 firmware on my iphone so that i can use fring.

I totally and wholeheartedly regret doing this and wish i could go back to a working Iphone. i have spent many hours browsing the internet, but from what i read a lot of threads remained unanswered to this (error 6). If there is a permanent fix to this ( which ihope so because my iphone is jail broken, and dont have money for Apple to fix it ( granted they would be willing to) then please let me know.

PLEASE. I have honestly searched the internet for a solution but i have no gotten anything.

Thanks.

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

Im sure a lot of people have not tried this because they see no reason to go back, so itll be hard to find help. i think your biggest problem is itunes8, try the dev team patch( im not sure if they released it yet) But otherwise you'll probably be stuck at 2.0