Error 8007001F while trying to install win 10

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BigJohno, Aug 5, 2015.

1. BigJohno macrumors 65816

Well I got the notice from Microsoft telling me I can upgrade to win 10. However when installing I receive and error 8007001F. Tried multiple times to install after restarting the machine. No progress. I even created a flash drive and when I type in my product key it says it's invalid. Not sure what to do at this point. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

3. BigJohno, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015

BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you. Win 8.1 with all the latest patches. I didnt download an iso. I am using the windows updater to install and this is where I get the problem. I have downloaded it multiple times through the updater so I doubt there is an issue with the download.

Edit: im going to use Microsoft windows update fixer to see if that solves the issue. will report back

4. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

nope still didn't work. Downloaded a new iso and mounted through Daemon tools. Started the install and checked the storage on my machine. error.... Can't tell how much storage it has. Well I have over 60gb left on this partition...

5. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

Download the ISO and create an USB stick. Boot W8 from the HARDDISK or SSD. Do not boot from USB. Navigate to the USB drive and execute setup. Choose option keep all.

6. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

It skips that option and goes right to serial number. I enter my valid win 8.1 key and gives me an error that the key is invalid.

7. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

You can call the MS hotline toll free with your genuine Win 8.1 key. They may be able to help you.

8. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I think you may actually need a Win 10 key, which you would have to get from Microsoft.
    But, do call the MS hotline.
    They should certainly help you out (bet they are quite busy these days - be patient!)
    Good luck!

9. beady macrumors newbie

I'm getting this problem too. Has anyone found a solution yet?