Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrDomVonDoom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Fairbanks, Ak
So I know a lot of people have had this Error before, the 8364, its something thats very annoying, and more then a few people have posted in Apple Discussions.

I got ahold of a iTunes support lady by the name of Leah.

I explained that about 200 of my songs won't download through iTunes Match, or through the Purchased Menu in itunes. It won't work on either OSX or iOS,
I got her a list and a screenshot of the error and I get THIS response.

Hello Dominique,

Leah here from iTunes Store Support. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. I hope you're doing fine and your day is going well.

Dominique, I wanted to let you know that in effort to assist you, I have consulted an iTunes Store Senior Advisor who has informed me that the error 8364 means Apple is unable or unwilling to upgrade one of your previously-purchased songs to a 256 kbps DRM-free version. Consequently, iMatch gets confused, and won't download the encumbered version either. I've been advised that what you can do is to download songs one at a time until you find the one that is causing the issue.

I realized that you were trying to download over 200 plus songs and I'm sure this won't be that easy, but I'd like to let you know that I'm just here and will be more than happy to assist in any way I can. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have other questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued patience and I hope you have a good one.

Sincerely,

Leah
iTunes Store Customer Support
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

So this means that Apple is willing to allow me to redownload some of my songs? To put this in perspective 200 songs, lets say 99cents a song? Thats 200 dollars in music. I have been a customer of iTunes since 2006, and have bought more music then I am willing to admit. Seems like they should be able to do something about this.

chelseau

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2013
possible solution

Did you get this figured out?

I have had this problem for so long for a chunk of my library. I found a solution today... Delete all the affected songs from the cloud (every one of mine that were affected were 128 kbps so searching by bitrate and type sufficed -- I can't take credit for the idea, but I can't find the page I found the solution on either :/)... Then go to the iTunes store, and to the purchased link on the right. If you go to not on my computer it'll list them. Hit download and you're golden.

This worked for me but it seems pretty glitchy. I'd not recommend doing more than a couple songs at a time in case something goes bad.

The "instructions" I found involved turning itunes match off, then deleting, then turning it back on, etc etc... I skipped all that because I have a large library. Fortunately just removing from the cloud and then re-downloading from iTunes store sufficed.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.