Error -9813

Discussion in 'iPod' started by macbooker15, Sep 13, 2008.

1. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

Ok, so I had major problems once with my mac, and so I had to use root to fix all of them. I've ironed out most of the permissions problems, but this one stumps me.

On the itunes store I can browse anything, but when i try to buy, or use genius playlists, i get error -9813. I've researched it extensively, only to find that it was a keychain problem. kenchain first aid reports no problems, but i have no certificates in my system roots keychain, which is the problem. I have posted this in macbook/ibook and OSX forums to no avail. Please help me.

EDIT: Just tried logging out and logging in, now i cant login to itunes with that same error

2. macbooker15 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. irisrosalind macrumors newbie

Hi MB15!
    I, unfortunately, have the same problem. It first started when (because I was getting some other annoyance in 'Mail'), I decided stupidly to delete my keychains.

Anyway, after some searching, I found this page that describes the problem, and apparently the only possible solution, pretty well:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=562510&highlight=9813

When I took it to a nearby GeniusBar, they came to the same conclusion: back-up and reinstall. Start from scratch.

Hope that helps!
    Iris

4. macbooker15 thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, After a few weeks, and doing everything I could I finally gave up. But when I opened iTunes, everything worked again! It was crazy..only a couple hiccups now.