Error: Account Unable to Be Verified

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LillieDesigns, Mar 14, 2008.

1. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

"Please disconnect your iPhone and go to an ATT store."

I'm trying to add the phone to an account I opened yesterday. The people at ATT on the phone couldn't help me. Anyone else have this problem and figure otu a way to fix it?

My number was ported form Sprint; I don't know if this makes a difference.

2. LillieDesigns thread starter macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

The second half of my problem is this. They applied a discount to the account due to the account holder being a nurse, but now I think I am placed under a business plan. I suspect this may have something to do with it not allowing me to add a phone.

I am trying to add an iPhone to the account (which is a family plan with 24% discount) and keep my current cell number (which is currently with Sprint).

II think in this situation, the iTunes process is more of a burden than a convenience and ATT's only tips were to "call Apple" (which told me it was on ATT's end and to "make sure I entered the correct info more than once" (which I did about 35 times already).

Nothing is ever easy.

3. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

i switched from Verizon and got a business plan with at&t...what a nightmare...they have no idea what to do when dealing with a business plan...i'm still trying to get it straighten out.