Error adding Apple Pay to watch on OS2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jumpie, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

So I just got my new i6S+ and set up Apple Pay on my phone. My cards are activated. I also just installed OS2 to my watch. But when I try to add my cards to my watch, I get the error: Could not set up Apple Pay. An error occurred while setting up apple pay watch

Anyone else have this issue? Are Apple's servers overloaded from all the activations today with the new i6s?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Wow, I'm going round and round with Discover. Get to the end and see this: Looks like it is a wOS 2 bug (or a from ATL bug:eek:).

[​IMG]

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Also are you using 9.1B2?

4. Jumpie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I'm on the production version. I just updated today.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I thought you've been on wOS 2 for a while, or did you not try to add Apple Pay to your watch until today? Or you got the new iPhone 6s or 6s+?

I had no problem adding Apple Pay after I got my new iPhone 6s. However, I'm still on wOS 1.0.1 (I try not to update any software until after the 2-week mark to allow the guinea pigs to sort out the potential issues).

6. Jumpie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

That's probably what I should've done too.…wait. Oh well I'll call Apple tomorrow

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I was just adding my Discover card since it is sorta new to :apple:Pay. I'm a AppleSeed tester and not a developer. Only developers got wOS2 beta.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Still the same. Please post back with your findings.

9. Jumpie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I'm guessing that the watch was still being set up. I was able to add Apple Pay this morning.

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Still not working for me.

11. Jumpie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

One other thing I did was delete a few of the apps that I don't use. I wasn't happy that they were automatically added. Anyway, it's now there.

Attached Files:

12. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

You can turn off Automatic App Install under General settings in the Watch app.

13. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Updated to OS 2 with no problems and paired to iPhone 6s Plus and added Apple Pay with no issues so it can't be OS 2 that is the issue

14. LIRunner macrumors newbie

LIRunner

I'm on iOS 9.1b2 and Watch OS 2.0. I couldn't add new cards, and if I deleted an existing card, I couldn't add it back. I would get the error message, "Could Not Add Card. Try again later or contact your card issuer for more information." My bank said nothing was wrong on their end. I fixed the issue by following the steps here: http://www.macrumors.com/how-to/backup-restore-apple-watch/ -- I was then able to add the cards. Hope this helps!

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

On the surface it looks like an actual defect, but this time it's happening in the AW rather than the iPhone. Something to do with the security enclave on the AW not clearing properly that blocks the addition of new CCs.

However, try the other methods suggested here because it may not be the case here.

16. anyjungleinguy macrumors regular

Damn, I'm having this issue with both my iPhone 6S and Apple Watch. Apple want me to test a restore and set up from new before they escalate to engineering.

What a mess. I really don't want to have to get my devices replaced.

17. redman042 macrumors 68020

Same problem here. I had to unpair and then re-pair. That fixed the issue.

18. haappy63 macrumors newbie

Yes. Clarified with card issuer that there was no issue on their end.
    Resolution: reset Watch, paired again with 6s, do NOT restore backup, setup as new watch. After setup pretty much all of my settings had been retained:) and the cards added to my Watch wallet without issue.

19. haappy63 macrumors newbie

Pair your watch as new after reset - you will find majority of settings retained any way. :)

20. anyjungleinguy macrumors regular

It's not a Watch issue for me. Same thing happening with iPhone and iPad and restoring from new doesn't fix it. My case has been escalated to engineers.

There's a growing thread about it on the Apple forums - according to other people that have had call backs Apple are aware and implementing a fix on their servers.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6722536?start=120&tstart=0

21. iphone6fan macrumors regular

iphone6fan

I am also having the same problem. Working with a senior adviser to who escalated it to engineering. Can't add my discover card.