Error after attempting restore new Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Brocksley, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Brocksley macrumors member

Brocksley

So, I'm a little embarrassed. I work in IT for an organization that is all Apple. I have restored and repaired a million Macs, but today I can't figure out what happened to my new Macbook. I was going to reinstall Yosemite, as I was on the beta and the last update was a little wonky. Booted into recovery, erased Macintosh HD, went to reinstall and it wasn't connecting to my WiFi, so I turned it off and went to do other things. Came back, and now when I boot with CMD R to get to recovery, it attempts to start Internet Recovery, then gives me the visit apple.com/support and error code -2006F.

I can't find that error anywhere. Not sure where to go from here since I don't have a usb c adapter to try and boot from a yosemite USB. Any thing else I can do?

2. pookitoo macrumors regular

pookitoo

You can try a Nvram reset : boot with cmd + alt + p + r

Or smc reset : with the MacBook turn off hold shift + ctrl + alt + power and release all the key in the same time ( plug the MacBook on power source)

3. Brocksley thread starter macrumors member

Brocksley

Ok, so it didn't want to connect to my WiFi on campus, soon as I tried another network it was fine. I wonder what it didn't like about WPA2 Enterprise.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

https://support.apple.com/en-mz/HT201314

Yep.... that was your problem. WPA2 enterprise is not supported by Internet recovery.

5. Brocksley thread starter macrumors member

Brocksley