Error after attempting restore new Macbook

Brocksley

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Utah
So, I'm a little embarrassed. I work in IT for an organization that is all Apple. I have restored and repaired a million Macs, but today I can't figure out what happened to my new Macbook. I was going to reinstall Yosemite, as I was on the beta and the last update was a little wonky. Booted into recovery, erased Macintosh HD, went to reinstall and it wasn't connecting to my WiFi, so I turned it off and went to do other things. Came back, and now when I boot with CMD R to get to recovery, it attempts to start Internet Recovery, then gives me the visit apple.com/support and error code -2006F.

I can't find that error anywhere. Not sure where to go from here since I don't have a usb c adapter to try and boot from a yosemite USB. Any thing else I can do?

pookitoo

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
Paris
You can try a Nvram reset : boot with cmd + alt + p + r

Or smc reset : with the MacBook turn off hold shift + ctrl + alt + power and release all the key in the same time ( plug the MacBook on power source)

Brocksley

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Utah
Ok, so it didn't want to connect to my WiFi on campus, soon as I tried another network it was fine. I wonder what it didn't like about WPA2 Enterprise.