Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atarigraffx

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
I went from a Mac Pro to a MBP recently and did the whole Migration Assistant thing and it worked out pretty good for the most part.

I noticed recently when I tried to use the Adobe uninstaller that it wouldn't work and then I tried to delete a couple files from my Applications folder and after it prompted me to put in my password it gave me a message.

"The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code 100022)."

I can't uninstall anything now or even simply put things in the Trash.

I tried to delete some Firmware that was for my old Mac Pro desktop and Firmware for my old Nvidia graphics card which obviously I don't have anymore and the same story. Same error.

I tried to google search the error and it didn't turn up much. If anybody has any ideas that would be swell.

atarigraffx

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
Okey just realized something else. When I go to System Prefs/Users & Groups I have the current user, Admin (me) and other users, Guest User (sharing only).

The preferences are locked and when I click the lock to make changes my password screen pops up. I enter the password and the screen disappears but the lock is still locked and the prefs are still greyed out.

Huss84

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2013
Hi I have just encountered this exact problem!! Anybody find a fix? Can't install or delete anything. Can't unlock preferences .. Doing my head in!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.