Error Code -36 (also known as WTF MAN)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Shotglass, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

So I've been having problems with my iMac and 10.6 for a while now. Every now and then when I was copying files, it would stop after a while and give me this error message:
    [​IMG]
    As I was getting increasingly frustrated, I decided to use this opportunity to once again set up a dual boot system and see what the latest Ubuntu release had to offer. Once I was done installing, I was greeted by a warning that my harddrive had many bad sectors and should be replaced.
    Obviously, when I let OS X run all the tests I could, it didn't find anything wrong.
    Now today I discovered the possible source of these problems: I was going through my iTunes library folders and found a couple of files that looked like this:
    [​IMG]
    See that one file in the middle? I can move all the files in that folder around as I please, but that one file makes my comp. crash when I copy the whole folder.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. celticpride678

Please fix your picture links and then we can try and help figure out the issue.

3. dyn macrumors 68030

This seems to be a problem that has been fixed in 10.6.3 so upgrade your Mac to 10.6.3 and it should be fixed.