error code -36 +solved+

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by qbert2, Mar 6, 2012.

1. qbert2, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

qbert2 macrumors newbie

Hi i would like to either copy the file to my desktop but cant due error code -36 when trying to get the file out of DVD+R disc. the disc is slightly hairline scratches, but that seems fine read. the data is a zip file. Is there any way or software that I get the file onto my desktop and extract the zip? Software options?

currently i'm using osx 10.5.8 1gb intel core 2 duo 2.16ghz, Yes this computer is currently old at the moment and will updated within a month. also the data is about 400mb on the disc.

Update
    +when I try to copy the zip file to desktop screen it starts to go, but towards the end I that error code message. Then I try to eject disc of my imac and it wont let. it goes on infinite loop saying 5 secs left, but I cant cancel transferring the file. I have to force reboot the computer and press eject from there.

2. qbert2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update 3
    Well from the latest toast app I chose to recover disc option, then I was able to burn it to a new dvd-r disc. After that I was able to grab the zip file from the disc to the desktop screen with no hitch. But I still can't unzip the file with stuffit expander, mac os zip extractor, and Zipeg.

Now get this message from trying to unzip it "error 1 operation not permitted". If some files are corrupted at least let me have a small portion of it instead making me stall each time.

----------
    New update 4
    Okay Unarchiver saved my ass, now I can move onto dinner. Thanks for nothing, I help myself, I was searching through google and found a short post through macrumors.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=604997