Error code -36

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by korbe1ka, Oct 18, 2008.

1. korbe1ka macrumors newbie

I am new to mac and I am installing the sims 2. It is the mac version, but I can't install it! In a pop-up window that is titled "Copy" it says "the finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "body shop" could not be read or written."

I am very frustrated! I saw another thread about not having enough space and that's what mine originally said but now it's saying this. Help, please!!!

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well it appears that there is corrupted data on the disk. If it is an original disk that you purchased, the manufacturer will certainly replace it with a new disk with no problem though it is a bummer to wait for the replacement. If you purchased it locally, you might be able to get it replaced there instead as most dealers will replace defective disks with no problems.

If on the other hand you are trying to install from a burned copy of someone else's disk or a torrent (as the "Copy" as a window title would seem to indicate), please do not ask for any more assistance here since copyright violation issues are against forum rules.

Hope you get it worked out!

3. korbe1ka thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your help. The disk was purchased through ebay, so it was not a copyright violation.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

just because you bought it on eBay doesn't mean it is a legal disk.

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Too true sad to say! :(