Error code -43

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Techy66, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Techy66 macrumors newbie

I get the following message when i try to open a document on my external HD- "The operation could not be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code -43).
    I can open other documents in all the other folders on the hard drive and I can open the problem documents when i attach the hard drive to a PC. Does anyone know why i get the error code? Is there a list of error codes that i can look at?

Thanks
    Techy66

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Apple says to that:

fnfErr

File not found; Folder not found; Edition container not found; Target not found

from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1618

Has the file any size? Or did you try to move it somewhere else?

What are the permissions of that folder/file?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. zeyhra macrumors newbie

Error code -43

We have this problem frequently on our office LAN. Particularly this week, my Mac Mini running OS X 10.5.8 is getting that error while accessing files on our Mac Mini OS X 10.6.7 server. Permissions on all the files in question are Read & write for everyone. I am an admin on the Mac mini server. The most recent occurrence of error -43 has been when attempting to move a series of files from one location on the Mac Mini Server to another location on the Mac Mini Server using a calculated Applescript in FileMaker Advanced 11. Several files will be simply skipped by the script and when i manually click on the files in Finder, they disappear and after clicking on several, error -43 pops up on screen. Closing an opening the folder has the files reappear but I get the same result if I click on them again. The only thing that has helped in this case is disconnecting from the server and reconnecting again, but that is not an efficient solution when the purpose is to be able to run the script to move the files without having to pay attention to the files. Any help or input on this issue would be most appreciated! Thanks!