Error code: 4SNS/1/40000000: IBOR-9.882

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tapple, Feb 19, 2012.

1. tapple macrumors newbie

Air 11 (2010-10.6.8). The Apple Hardware Test result (1 test 6 min) listed one error code: 4SNS/1/40000000: IBOR-9.882

First I don't have clue #1 as to what the error code indicates/or how specific it is?

[The/my issue was after a 30 day "rest/shut down" when we got back either closing the clam lid or putting the unit into sleep mode the unit shut down completely 100% of the time.]

Next step/s suggestions most appreciated.

2. MacForScience macrumors 6502

MacForScience

Talk to Apple Genius bar they should be able to easily tell you what the code means.

3. tapple thread starter macrumors newbie

3 stores (Seattle area) and 2 Apple Care 800 calls=0. None came even close to giving me the time of day re the error code. Kalfka-Think seems to have found a home in Apple. PS: folks on the other end of the line refused (even) to transfer me to Customer Service.

Just a simple answer to the question "What does the error code 4SNS...reference?

Punch-in the EC # (store or central) and either talk or email me the answer along with a 5 second expert tree prognosis: unknown/serious or not.

If the answer is "serious" the unit goes in next trip to Seattle. If "unknown /or "not serious" then it's my crap shoot.

Given, from some of the board notes re 911 genius bar technician expertice, looks as if some of them are a couple of light years short of the current crop of cardiologists when it comes to "reading" EC tape.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It refers to a problem with a sensor connected to the logic board. Nothing you'll be able to troubleshoot and repair yourself, most likely.

jW

5. tapple thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks..Any thoughts re sensor/s "pop in and out" while I wait or are we possibly talking motherboard+

6. tapple thread starter macrumors newbie

Found some nice folks at Apple Care. A couple of techs and a senior tech the best thinking is that the issue is hardware and sensor related as most-all of you thought. That 2 apple first level? techs spent over 2 hours puzzling and didn't once mention sensor or logic board is interesting. It was the senior tech that felt confident it was the logic board. I'll put it in a box/cross my fingers. The Air 11 is a nice machine.

Thanks agin for all the quick turn-arounds..help. ted

7. tapple thread starter macrumors newbie

Back..repaired! As it worked out I did have apple care..sigh,sigh. Apple Fed Ex a box on M, it arrived Tu..same day/overnight to a Houston address, it arrived back today (F noon) with a new logic board. That was super quick..faster than a coup-le of boat trips to Seattle. Apple care gets points. All's well that ends well..I hope. Thanks again for all your help.