Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubblelicious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
i have tried many times and on 2 different pc's to get my iphone booted up again , cut long story short had music and sat nav on the apple of death came up and eventually came back to life on it's on later that afternoon (stupid me) put music and sat nav on AGAIN and now the phone wont work.
I have followed the internet about holding down the power and home button etc til i tunes detects it, that is not an issue anymore, i click ok and restore, extracting software fine, verifying with apple and preparing the phone is ok.
I then eventually get the apple and loading bar on my phone but nothing happens for a few seconds and the screen goes black and back to square one and then I get error code 9, it seems it doesn't want to do whatever its trying to do. Ive tried letting the phone die and recharge, sim in, sim out, NOTHING, does anyone know what the heck to do as I am nearly ready to kick this phone into the sea!

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
Error 9: This error occurs when the device unexpectedly drops off the USB bus and communication stops. This can occur if the device is manually disconnected during the restore process. This issue can be resolved by performing USB isolation troubleshooting, using a different USB dock-connector cable, trying another USB port, restoring on another computer, or by eliminating conflicts from third-party security software.

Try this first..

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
AWwww....

Error 9: This error occurs when the device unexpectedly drops off the USB bus and communication stops. This can occur if the device is manually disconnected during the restore process. This issue can be resolved by performing USB isolation troubleshooting, using a different USB dock-connector cable, trying another USB port, restoring on another computer, or by eliminating conflicts from third-party security software.

Try this first..

You made it easy for the OP :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.