Error during activation

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by awadeee, Apr 20, 2011.

1. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I just restored my iPhone 3Gs to 4.2.1 (I have blobs). The phone is locked to Telus but when I put my Telus SIM in to activate it, I get what you see below:

Attached Files:

2. bula macrumors newbie

Have the same error. Just got off an hour long phone wait/conversation with apple. They are indicating there is a nationwide (worldwide?) "maintenance" issue going on with itunes iphone activation. He said to try and connect to itunes in an hour (but have no idea on when it will actually be).

All I wanted to do is a clean restore, now I'm stuck with no phone for who knows how long. My hate for iTunes continues on...

3. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

I own several iPhones so thankfully I was able to use a spare one until I got my main one hactivated by Sn0wbreeze. I'm just gonna try and get push notifications working for now and then I'll try a restore again tomorrow. If for some reason you get yours activated/the error has been fixed then please send me a PM here at MacRumors. Thanks!

4. AuNate macrumors newbie

Had the same problem earlier but was just now able to activate...

5. awadeee thread starter macrumors 68020

awadeee

6. Lycanthroat macrumors regular

I got this error message also - I wonder if this is what has mucked up my iPhone?

I will try to restore again tomorrow. I also wonder if this is why I kept getting error 1013s just before iTunes "broke"?