Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaCamZa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
England, United Kingdom
Hi I want to update my IPhone 4 to 4.1 from 4.0, but everytime I try to update I keep getting this error message from iTunes.

"This iPhone cannot update this time because the iPhone software update server could not be connected or is temporarily unavailable."

Any advice... It's ergent!!

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Take a look at this thread: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2403673&tstart=0

and these notes:

Error 3000-3999: Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, or due to your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try without using one or with a known-good network.

Error 9807: If you see “Error 9807″, open access to the following VeriSign servers:

evintl-ocsp.verisign.com
evsecure-ocsp.verisign.com

MaCamZa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
England, United Kingdom
I added the VeriSign servers in my hosts file on my mac, and it was updating my iphone, but half way through it came up with another error of 3004. What does this mean?

Now it asks for me to Restore and Update everytime and it keeps on coming up with the same error of it not connecting to Apple servers, ect, and i can't use my iPhone 4 at all now :(

stevenisHAUNTED

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2007
Texas
Apple update server is down.

They went down today and will be back up hopefully no later than the day is over. That's what I was told when I called an Apple Tech Rep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.