Error in a Shopper + me buying = Benefit?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by preguntonontrac, May 11, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

Maybe this is alittle off topic because is not about a apple product but is on topic about buying tips and you guys always give the best tips so here it is.

I ve been searching and researching about plasma TVs and LCD and i saw in a shopper that a very good brand plasma big one i think they made an error in the shopper. They put in the info of the product: contrast: 1,000,000 dynamic 20,000:1. Obsly this is wrong it most be the same but 1,000,000 dynamic and contrast 20,000:1.

Can i get abenefit out of this. I know you can get something even if its wrong on a shopper but in this kind of case can i?

I was gonna go and ask bout it and then say like this is not 1,000,000 contras and then ask for the most contrast one for the same price.

HELP!

2. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I don't think anyone knows what you're talking about. Can you try to explain your question again? I always thought a shopper was someone who was shopping.

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

shopper = some kind of price comparison site ??

If so then it is just a mistake/typo and depending on where you live and the consumer law then no I cannot think how you could benefit.

Hope this helps......

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

1. What's a shopper?

2. What's this mean:

"They put in the info of the product: contrast: 1,000,000 dynamic 20,000:1. Obsly this is wrong it most be the same but 1,000,000 dynamic and contrast 20,000:1."

6. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorrry, By shopper i mean like this weekly specials that come in the newspaper with offers?

and what i mean in that line is what they are offering along with the "specs" of the tv in the offer.

7. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I'm sure there's fine print that the store is not responsible for typographical errors. That usually includes price errors.

8. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

mnn, maybe is the forum to ask. But thanks anyway.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No, it's not the wrong forum really it's just that some of us require questions to be a bit more coherent.

If you read this enough times it certainly comes off as the OP asking people if he finds an error in an ad then how can he benefit from it.

In terms of pricing you may be honored that price, however retail and internet shops are largely using the disclaimer stating they're not responsible for typos and the likes and that at any time they reserve the right to cancel your order. If the "shopper" which I read as an ad lists an item with 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio then the benefit you get from their error is to come here and post about it.

You do not benefit from a typo such as the specs being off, even by that much. Use your head. 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio is clearly not the case for whatever big brand TV you're looking at. Second, "false advertising" is trumped by "typographical error" in this case. It is clear they're not trying to mislead you and if you did your homework I think it would be evident that you can't buy that TV with that contrast ratio even if you searched real hard.

In short (in case you skipped down to the bottom) no, you can't benefit from a typo and it is sad if you thought that you should/could. ;)

10. Superdelphinus macrumors regular

you can't benefit from it.

There was a loophole for about 30 seconds when e-commerce first started (see the amazon miss-pricing stuff) until the courts ruled where the contract is fully formed - and it doesn't form until delivery

11. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

I think you mean a "flyer", and no, you can't benefit from that. Even if the price was wrong, say $900 when it should have been $1200, the store would just say "Sorry, the price was suppose to say $1200, pay up!"