Error installing Final Cut Studio and iLife on Leopard

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by salilsundresh, Nov 4, 2007.

1. salilsundresh macrumors 6502

When I upgraded to Leopard, I decided to entirely wipe my boot drive since I was experiencing problems with certain applications (ie: Final Cut Pro) in Tiger. Therefore I've been re-installing all of my applications in Leopard. I've been having some problems though, when I try to install Final Cut Studio, I get this message after a while of it trying to install the Apple Soundtrack Pro loops disc:
    [​IMG]
    I also get a similar error when trying to install iLife 06.
    The strange thing is that I am able to run the Applications fine with the exception that all my Final Cut Studio applications don't remember their serial number and my name/organization. I get this message every time I boot up a Final Cut Studio Application (this is the original Final Cut Studio, PPC)
    [​IMG]

My system is a Powermac G5 dual 1.8ghz running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5

2. salilsundresh thread starter macrumors 6502

I was able to fix the error of asking for the SN info everytime I boot up any of the FCS apps. I did this by deleting the Final Cut Studio System ID. However I still haven't figured out why I get the error when installing? The apps seem to be okay, but I'm not sure about the content...apple loops for soundtrack pro don't seem to install correctly.

3. CJL425 macrumors newbie

Could you please tell me how I can delete the Final Cut Studio System ID. I am also getting this problem and it is very annoying to enter the information every time I want to open something from FCS.

4. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

Is this a legit copy? If so, contact Apple for a replacement DVD.

5. -DH macrumors 65816

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303184