Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tazloco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2023
Hello, i have a macbook pro early 2007 with osx snow leopard. i'm trying to install el capitan, but i'm getting an error after the 24min installation, i end with a log and the restart or shutdown pc option.
Right now the pc is into a installation of elcapitan loop. i can't get out of the installing process. i tried changing dates to 2015,2016,2017,2018 and nothing i'm still having the error.. yesterday i spent the entire day trying to solve this..
i download the os from the apple website, if i could start the pc with the old os and redownload el capitan would we awesome, but as i said i'm getting into this loop of installation process.
macb.jpg

any help is welcome..

tazloco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2023
i restarted the pc and pressed shift key, i entered into the registration process (create new acc, timeregion..) and once created the macbook opened with el capitan installed. i don't understand anything.

Also my old account looks like it's deleted, is there any way to recover my old adobe apps?

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"Also my old account looks like it's deleted, is there any way to recover my old adobe apps?"

This is why one creates a BACKUP before doing a major upgrade.

Look in the "users" folder.
Is the old account there?
You might also look around for a folder named "recovered items", or something like that.

Have you tried searching for the Adobe apps (assuming they no longer show up in the applicatons folder)?

tazloco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2023
"Also my old account looks like it's deleted, is there any way to recover my old adobe apps?"

This is why one creates a BACKUP before doing a major upgrade.

Look in the "users" folder.
Is the old account there?
You might also look around for a folder named "recovered items", or something like that.

Have you tried searching for the Adobe apps (assuming they no longer show up in the applicatons folder)?
hello, i have the recovery items folder, there i have the apps that interest me(adobe) but i can't open them. i'm gonna close this thread and open a new one with new questions.

tazloco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2023
I had a lot of problems installing the os to a snow leopard mac, always gave me a error before completing the installation.
Well today without doing anything, i opened the computer pressing the shift key and i got into the os registration process, i did everything and now i have the mac operational.
The thing is:
The account i had doesn't appear (it was a clean account with several adobe programs(ps,illustrator, pdf..)
checking the hard disk it shows me this:
macos.jpg

i have the programs in a folder called: restored items, inside the Hardisk, but it looks that i can't use them as adobe throws me an error.
as you can see the HD says i have near 3gb of pictures, 1.22gb of audio. and 34gb of apps.. my question is: how? my old account doesn't appear and it looks like if the os update made a clean pc.
I can get into the old account folder inside restored items, but it says i don't have the rights to open the folders containing apps...

Also i would like to ask, why if i restart my comptur and i press command + R for recovery system, the pc opens into the registration os process (like if it was a clean install)
Any help is welcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.