Error Logs in Diagnostics after updating to 8.1.3

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by manishans, Feb 4, 2015.

1. manishans macrumors member

I am seeing error logs in diagnostics with the below titles.

StorageStatus-2015-02-01-055500

and

JetsamEvent-2015-02-01-220443

Jetsam i had only two but the storage status is coming everyday.

Something about the jetsam log is that my phone started heating around the same time and it heated so much that it was difficult to touch.

Can someone tell me if this is caused by a certain app or if restoring and setting up from scratch is going to resolve it?

Has anyone got it?

2. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

JetsamEvent is basically low memory logs. They appear if you open a lot of apps at once or use a large memory comsuming app.

The StorageStatus is related to the storage chip. If they appear daily, I recomment taking your phone to an Apple store and see if they can diagnose anything.

3. JohnnyMIAMI macrumors newbie

Nothing to worry about

Not all but many other people with iPhones, iPads, iPad Minis or iPad Airs are getting the same StorageStatus logs.

I am also getting on my iPhone 5S. I was not getting this log when using iOS7, so is not a hardware malfunction. StorageStatus errors started showing up after iOS update.

I did a firmware update thru iTunes from scratch TWICE and the log still shows up everyday along with another log called CORETIME :)

However this does not affect my device's function in anyway.

I have read somepeople returning their devices just for StorageStatus log and get a new device (iPad Mini) but the StorageStatus is still there... Look at the Web and you will see many. (don't just look in English language)

Why are we getting this log and others don't? Well, others get "other logs" and we don't. More complex the Operating Systems get more bugs we will recieve. I see that many others get other kinds of logs, which I do not have in my Diagnostics &Usage.

I wouldn't worry about it.