Error message (-3256) on airport

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kravin, Oct 7, 2008.

1. kravin macrumors newbie

Whenever I'm on iTunes try and hook up to remote speakers thru the airport an "Unknown error message (-3256)" keeps coming up and I can't stop it.

What does it mean and how can I stop it?

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

if you had taken 2 seconds to google "error message 3256", the 3rd link is http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2278

The first link is this thread, so it may have even come up first.

3. kravin thread starter macrumors newbie

Someone, from a different forum, directed me there. But it didn't resolve the issue. I'm still getting the same message.:confused:

4. tkimba macrumors newbie

same problem got fixed

i had the same problem. read the thread but had no luck. then noticed it contained firmware update downloads. when i got this update download complete i had no further problems. goodluck.

5. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

I'm bumping this thread because I found a work around for this that I haven't read on any help forums yet. And yes, I tried the IPv6 thing, which actually made things worse, and everything else.

The problem I had was playing itunes through remote speakers after my computer had just woken up; it would through this error everytime until I restarted iTunes. If you use the remote app for the iPhone this can be annoying to need to do everytime. However, if you set the speakers to "Computer" then immediately set it back to your remote speakers, then an iTunes restart isn't necessary. It's still annoying that this needs to be done, and wasn't necessary for me in iTunes 8.0, but at least you don't need to go restart iTunes every time.