Error message "Can't synch calendars"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brewerpaul, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

The last several times I've synched my iPT, I've gotten an iTunes error message which reads "iTunes could not synch calendars to the iPod "Pauls iPod"because an error occurred while sending data from the iPod".

What does this mean, and how do I fix it?
    I'm using Win XP on my PC. I have the newest iTunes version (in fact, come to think of it, this MAY have started when I upgraded that).In addition to the onboard calendar, I use SaiSuke Lite, but I do not have it set up to synch to any other calendars like Goggle, etc.

I just checked the iTunes HELP and found a diagnostics thingie. I ran the SYNCH diagnostic, and my system passed perfectly.

2. TheBurras macrumors newbie

try going into itunes, select ipod, goto info tab and scroll to advanced, check all boxes and try again

worked for me

3. Brewerpaul thread starter macrumors regular

OK, I just set up an acct with Google Calendar, used their faq and now I can synch calendars. I think iTunes was looking for an online synchable calendar to synch with. That's the good news.
    The bad news is that all of my contacts are gone on my iPT.
    Google DID say that they would be erased and that I should upload them first, which I did. So where the heck are they, and how do I get them back now?