Error message for Boot Camp partition

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by veganjustice, Dec 8, 2008.

1. veganjustice macrumors newbie

When i boot into Vista at the boot ing Windows Vista black screen, i get an error message that says...

Warning: unrecognized partition table for drive 80. please rebuild it using a Microsoft-compatible FDISK tool(err=4)
    System tyhpe is NTFS, partition type 0x7

then it goes, and lists that a couple more times, then it boots into Vista.

This is the whole issue...
    I just had an internal drive crash, so I purchased a 1TB and installed it into my 2ghz iMac. Everything went great, and now I am in the midst of reinstalling all my apps. I then partitioned the drive for 53 gigs with Boot Camp and installed Vista 32bit with sp1. And when I boot into the Boot Camp partition, that is the error I get, but then it finally after listing that about 4 or so times boots fine into Vista. I have installed many things now on that partition under Windows and everything seems perfect with it, it is just I get that error.

Will this cause any problems? Will Disc Utility read any errors with that partition on the Mac side?

Anyone seen that before?

Thanks!

2. steean macrumors newbie

hi. i just wanted to dig up this thread. i'm experiencing the same problem, and it's quite an annoyance.
    I've been doing some research on the web, and it seems to have something to do with the vista loader, which comes with some pirated releases of vista - although it seems the problem have occurred for people using legitimate verisons as well..
    there were two solutions that kept reoccurring, one presented here:
    http://www.lancelhoff.com/unrecognized-partition-table-for-drive-80/
    and another one suggested using EasyBCD for vista with it's write MBR-function..
    i haven't tried any of these solutions beacause i would rather have a slow boot than messing up the whole partition, but i'd like to hear if anyone have succeded in fixing this problem..?