Error message from iTunes at work!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ajwells1, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ajwells1 macrumors newbie

I have a first generation iPod Touch and have a G4 iMac at home. I have the iPod synced at home with all the normal stuff.

I have the latest version of iTunes downloaded at work but when I try to connect my iPod I get the following message from iTunes:

The iPod “Andrew Wells’s iPod” cannot be synced. The disk could not be read from or written to.

The weird thing is that this doesn't always happen. Sometimes I will connect it and it works fine. Sometimes if I unplug it and restart iTunes a few times it eventually works. More often I just give up and end up listening to Pandora!

Any ideas why this is happening?

2. ajwells1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not much help out here today? Has anyone ever run into this?

3. ajwells1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently no one has ever had this problem? The computer I have at home is a Mac and the computer at work is a PC.

Also I can play music from my iPod while iTunes is tying to verify it, but at some point it deems it unusable and it stops playing and won't let me any more.

Someone PLEASE help.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Try another cable and/or USB port? Sorry, that's all I can think of.

5. pilotrtc macrumors regular

+1

6. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

Is it possible that your work computer has protections installed to keep people from downloading things (which is basically what synching is). I know that on the computers where I work, you need to log in as an administrator, which I am not, in order to make any significant changes to the computer.
    Not sure why yours would work sometimes, not other times though.