"Error message not avalible"

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by NStocks, Jul 24, 2015.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

I've recently erased my Hd (El Capitain was giving me issue) and I'm unable to log into the Mac app store or iTunes.

Formatting downgraded me to Mountain Lion. I opened the App store to upgrade to Yosemite. No luck.

Formatted HD again. No luck

Managed to install Yosemite as my Brother has a Mac too.

Installed Yosemite via a USB from my brother Mac, App store still comes up with the same error.

I've called Apple but they don't know what it is, since apple.appleid.com works, my iCloud.com works. It's just the stores!

My account has now been "disabled for security reasons". Resetting it doesn't work either; email isn't sent to second account and answering the security questions don't work - it doesn't accept the correct answers to my DOB and credit card

Any ideas?

2. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I've just had my Brother sign in using his account details and it worked for him...

I have sent my details to Apple to recover my account... Takes upto one week

3. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Have you tried downloading latest iTunes from: https://support.apple.com/downloads/ and installing ?
    There's some weird relationship between iTunes store and App store that may be the source of your store/update problems.

4. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, I've tried that.

I'm waiting for Apple security to call me because it is an account issue....

Spoke to half a dozen people today before finally they might know what to do