Error message on sync XP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tek210, Jan 15, 2011.

1. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

My iMac died awhile back so I have moved my portable hard drive over to my work laptop for synncing. Everytime I connect I get an error that tells me that a camera has connected and what I want to do with it. NOTHING!! Stop asking!
    Any ideas on a tweak that will prevent this message? Getting real annoying. I tried remember and then cancel but that fails. Have not wanted to try the others, didn't want to make it worse.

Reminds me why I want to get a new iMac so bad. Think I am going to wait and get the iPad 2 first.

Attached Files:

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

It's not an error message. If you have pictures on the camera roll it's going to do it every time. The iPhone acts as a camera and Windows XP thinks it's one.

3. tek210 thread starter macrumors regular

tek210

You are right, it is really not an error. It is just a selection. But is there anyway to set it so it does not do that detection and prompt?

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I'll have to figure that out. Turning my XP machine on. I love my Mac since it doesn't automatically do it.

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

To stop the import picture message: My Computer, Scanners and Cameras; right click on your iPhone, Properties, Events, Actions > Take no action. Apply then Ok.

6. tek210 thread starter macrumors regular

tek210

Perfect that did it. Really appreciate the help. That was starting to really bug me.

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

No problem.