Error message when I plug in my iPhone. What should I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ero87, Dec 2, 2007.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

should I worry? I mean, it won't update to the latest firmware... should i just get it replaced? Maybe it's a computer issue?

Attached Files:

2. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

call apple before doing anything stupid! set up an appointment at your local store! good luck mate!:D:apple:

3. Fezzy macrumors newbie

Try putting your iPhone into 'Recovery Mode'

Hold down the Power and Home buttons. The iPhone will reset. CONTINUE holding the buttons down for 20-25 seconds. Do not release the buttons during the reboot process.

After you do this the the iPhone should have an icon and a message saying "Please connect to iTunes":

You should then connect to iTunes and hopefully you should then be able to recover it.

Good luck.

4. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

thanks for your help, but when i tried this, i got this error message. now my iPhone won't turn in "regular" mode again, so i can't even call to make an appointment with the apple store. oy vey.

any ideas on how to manually set it back to regular iphone mode?

Attached Files:

5. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

you can make a appointment online thats at least good but did you hack the phone by any chance and do you have the latest itunes? What about firmware?

6. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

i didn't hack it, i have the latest iTunes, but the latest firmware could never install correctly... i'm guessing i just hafta get another phone :(

7. spinstorm macrumors 65816

This will sound INCREDIBLY stupid and obvious but I found when I was getting wierd errors trying to restore all I had to was swap the USB port or swap to another computer and that fixed the issue... so if you have not then try that!

The phone MAY be fine it may simple be a computer issue!