Error page

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by slipper, Feb 28, 2009.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

OK so i made a custom error page for my website. The error page works fine... except in the sub-directories. What am i doing wrong? :eek:

Thanks

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Well, how did you set it up? Generally it involves configuring a .htaccess file for Apache servers.

3. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Just to make sure, do you consider the root folder the same one where your index.html file for your home page is? That would be the correct place to put it. Have you put a .htaccess file in any of the sub directories that the error page is not working? It can override what you set. Also if you have a link we can look at it may help diagnose the problem.

5. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

Yes i consider the root directory the directory with index.html

So you are suggesting me to put a .htaccess file and error.html page in every subdirectory? I also have this problem if i make a fake sub-directory. example: google.com/fagag/afgsghh. The error page will not work.

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

No, that's not what I'm suggesting. I wanted to make sure you didn't have any other .htaccess files that could be interfering.

Can you copy and paste what you have in your .htaccess file, and again, if you could provide a link?