Error: Refreshing Data - Cydia Sources ONLY

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KS69, Feb 16, 2011.

1. KS69 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I know there is a lot of people who have had this error somewhere or another in Cydia and I have looked through the issues and answers but cant find the correct one specific to my issue.

Device = iPhone 4
    OS = 4.2.1
    Jailbreak - Untethered

Issues:
    I was having problems getting Cydia to update in any shape or fashion so i decided to reset the device back to factory setting and update the OS to the latest version. Once I done this I then restored the device settings and then re-jailbroke the device.

I have now installed Cydia and all seems to be working fine with everything that is in there (e.g. updating ok, changes update ok, install packages ok)

The problem i am having is when I try to add a source. It allows me to go all the way through to the point where it start to "Updating sources" (downloading) then I get the good old error:
    Error: Refreshing Data
    The method Driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/HTTP could not be found.
    The method Driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/HTTP could not be found

Can someone please let me know if they have had this issue (only in updating sources) and how to resolve it please.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

I googled 'The method Driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/HTTP could not be found' and immediately found the answer on the first page.

Try it :eek: