Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sirolway

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
London
As I'd hoped, my wife never uses the Windows partition I set up for her on her 13" MBA so I want to remove it & reclaim the space for the main OS X partition.

I tried removing the Windows partition using Boot Camp Assistant but got an error at the end of the process (possibly because OS X partition has FileVault?). Now Boot Camp shows a 20GB partition (the Windows partition is actually 128GB) & I can 'drag the slider' to resize it larger, but there's now nothing about removing it.

Is there a way to remove the Windows partition, add the space to OS X partition without having to backup & restore all the data on the OS X partition?

Any help much appreciated ...

Sirolway

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
London
OK all fixed - just posting what I did for completeness ...

Disk Utility > Repair disk & it found errors which required a restart into the Recovery partition. Did that, then ran Disk Utility > Repair from the Recovery partition. Repaired successfully.
While I was there, clicked on the volume in Disk Utility, then the Partition tab, then dragged the size of the partition to fill the disk. Applied & it worked fine this time.

Restarted into the main (non-Recovery) partition & all is well - volume is now up to 256GB

All good - happy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.