Error Setting Up medialink on a macbook(black) with airport express

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by breadman88, Feb 15, 2009.

1. breadman88 macrumors newbie

I just bough nullriver's medialink for my macbook so i can stream my itunes to my ps3. When i go to start up the medialink i get the following message "MediaLink could not start because port 1900 or 9386 is in use. Please quit any application that may be using these ports, wait a few minutes and try again." A few weeks ago i downloaded eyeconnect and it didnt work an i uninstalled it on my macbook, however it still shows up on my PS3 as a media server. I want to get the off of my PS3 and use medialink. if anyone can help that would be awesome.

2. cornerback1 macrumors newbie

Sadly, nobody has answered this thread and I have the same problem. Eyeconnect has been uninstalled from my iMac, but still shows up on my PS3 as a media server I want to use MediaLink though.

Thanks,
    Matt

EDIT: I figured out the problem....go to your hard drive on your Mac and double click on a folder called Library and then Startup Items (Note: this is not a library folder under your user name, but under your hard disk itself) then there should be some eyeconnect files...delete those and you should be golden