Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kinda_Evil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2020
Hey guys, I have the 2020 13" MBP and it's been giving me a random error sound. Most of the time I'll just be browsing the internet on Firefox when it does this, but now it's doing it sometimes when I launch programs too. The thing is, it's completely random and it doesn't do it consistently and there's no notifications at all when this occurs, so I have no idea what might be causing this.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what causes it?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I don't know if this will help you, but another member experienced something similar recently:

Reactions: Kinda_Evil

Kinda_Evil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2020
I don't know if this will help you, but another member experienced something similar recently:

Thanks! I just tried booting into safe mode and going back to normal mode, and also ran the diagnostic which said there were no issues. I guess I'll see if that worked, otherwise I suppose I'll need to start investigating software causes. I don't have that particular program the OP of that thread has, but maybe I have something else my system doesn't particularly care for, although I can't imagine what.

Kinda_Evil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2020
Update: It seemed to fix the problem for a bit but now it's doing it again. I guess it's time to start eliminating programs now.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Update: It seemed to fix the problem for a bit but now it's doing it again. I guess it's time to start eliminating programs now.
If you find the culprit, I hope you will post to let us know. It could help the next person with the same problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.