Error Upgrading to Leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KissingShadows, Jun 17, 2008.

1. KissingShadows macrumors newbie

So im running Mac OS X 10.4.11 right now and I got a hold of a Leopard install CD. When I try to upgrade the system an error comes up that says "Mac OS X cannot install on this computer" right after when I have to select a language. My friend used the same disk on his MacBook Pro and didnt have any problems. The only difference I could think of was that I have my hard drive partioned to run Mac and Windows XP. Can anyone help?

2. aquajet macrumors 68020

Is it a retail install disk, or the restore disk that was included with your friend's machine? Restore disks are designed to work only with the computer model they're sold with.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Do the right thing and buy a Retail (full generic install) copy. The Install disk that came with your buddy's MacBook Pro can only be installed on MBP's (and within certain build ranges) as a means to recover/restore the machine type it originally shipped with.

4. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

Sounds like a corrupted disk structure. Run it with Disk Utility and see if there are any failures. If all comes to worse rebuild your whole tree using DiskWarrior.