Error using ZiPhone. Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kashmoney2006, Feb 19, 2008.

1. kashmoney2006 macrumors regular

ok so ZiPhone did successfully put my phone into recovery mode as i instructed. it also successfully jailbreaked my phone when i instructed. but what i am wondering is why in the progress log it shows "Error: ziphone returned 1" after executing both procedures? since it obviously worked correctly. here is a screenshot of the window. is this normal?

Attached Files:

2. wfielder84246 macrumors member

I bought an iphone today and used the same software and came across the same message. I just left it, as the phone is working perfectly. Updated to 1.1.3 and all works, even got the NES emulator working :D

3. Hydramus macrumors member

I also bought one yesterday, and had the same message too, but everything seems to be working perfectly on vodafone :D. No idea what it could be but i don't think you need to worry about it if everything is fine.

4. kashmoney2006 thread starter macrumors regular

yea everything works perfectly i was just a bit curious as to why it gives an error but does exactly what it is intended to do. oh well.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I got the same error when "unlocking for any sim" just now. I have no way to try it out yet, so have any of you been successfully unlocked after receiving that message?

Edit: It's unlocked. I'm ecstatic. This is kick-awesome.

6. beej69 macrumors member

ERROR: ziphone returned 1

i got "ERROR: ziphone returned 1" from ZiPhone 2.4 on leopard when doing only an unlock (phone was already jailbroken with ZiPhone earlier). i tried again and got the same error. i tested a T-Mobile SIM and it worked fine, though, so i guess the error is spurious.

7. MacCurry macrumors 6502

I got the same error. Although I don't have EDGE working yet on T-Mo, everything else works fine.

Have you tried to run ZiPhone 2.4 using the command line version instead of the GUI version? I was reading on another forum that the command line version is more stable.

I was also wondering if this was a problem if someone was running iTunes 7.6.1?

8. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Just out of curiosity, did it downgrade your bootloader or are you still on 4.6?