Error when installing reason 3.0 on my imac

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by dynamite82, Feb 3, 2009.

1. dynamite82 macrumors newbie

Hey people!!

I've just done the crossover from pc to mac, as of yesterday!!! And I'm loving it...well i'm sure i would be if i could use my music software. Propellerheads Reason 3.0!!

I have been using Reason on my Packard Bell, but it doesn't seem to work on my Mac. When I put in the first installation disc, everything appears ok..my iMac recognises the CD, and all the relevant files appear, but as I start the installation process, a meesage appears: ''unexpected error has occurred''.

Does anyone have any idea how to get it up and running? In the mantime I set up a partition using Boot Camp, to run Windows. I am able to load Reason on there, but then my audio interface doesn't work!!!

Ideally, I want to run Reason in Leopard as everyone knows Mac is better for making music. So if anyone can give me any assistance as how to get Reason up and running, you will helping one really frustrated kid with his new toy ;-)

Niiiiiiice one peeps!!

2. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

If its a windows program it's not going to install on Mac OSX. You have to either run it in Bootcamp or find a Mac version of the program. If there isnt one available then you have to find an alternative. There are many great music programs for Mac, as alot of Mac users are artistic types.

3. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Reason is a great app :cool:
    Firstly, are you certain the discs are cross platform? I've not tried my install discs in a PC, so im not certain.
    Secondly, for Reason 3 to work properly on an Intel Mac, you'll need version 3.0.5, as only this version of 3 had intel support.