Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeGreo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2019
I am getting an error when joining a wifi network.

This is not password related as it happens before I can even enter any password.

It only happens on my non-admin account and not on the admin account.

I believe it has something to do with account rights previleges. Perhaps the Profiles needs updating.

How can I fix this error?

error.png

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Logged in as admin account..

System Preferences > Network > Advanced .. there are several "Require Administration authorization to:" checkboxes.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Looks like it's not loading one of those "capture" screens (aka. "By clicking yes, you accept these terms to use our free wifi" page). Ad blocker that is not used in admin account? Firewall? Profile installed by employer or other blocking?

See this occasionally with my iPhone at my gym, but a second attempt (and check to make sure "Auto Join" is on) usually gets the capture.

MikeGreo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2019
Logged in as admin account..

System Preferences > Network > Advanced .. there are several "Require Administration authorization to:" checkboxes.
It is all unselected. Also issue is, there maybe new network/hotspot that appears in list which I never connected to before but need to. But this error occurs. How to fix it?

MikeGreo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2019
I believe this may have something to do with the captive screen settings. I think it had changed at some point, but I do not know where that settings is. How to I enable/disable it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.