Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scotty3x3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I upgraded to 4.0 on an 8GB 3G. The upgrade went through fine but the phone does not run very well on iOS4 so I am trying to go back to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2.

I plugged in the phone and iTunes saw it. I clicked restore and backed up the phone. It downloaded the latest 3.1.3 firmware and started the restore process. However, during the restore I get the error pop up that says the restore is not possible on the phone. Error 1015 or something I think it was. After this, iTunes says it sees a phone in recovery mode and will need to be recovered to be used. And then the loop continues. I tried to do an option click restore and use 3.1.2 and it does the same thing.

Please someone help me out. I need to get my wife's phone working tonight before she leaves tomorrow with no phone!!

Thanks Guys!

scotty3x3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Thanks for the replies. I have tried the steps for iRecovery and I get to the point of terminal seeing the phone, but when i type in fsboot, nothing happens. I was reading some of the comments and people were saying they have to use iRecovery every time they turn their phone off? I hope that is not what we have to do with this one, but at this point I'd be happy just to get it to boot!

johnrs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Nottingham - UK
Sorry should have pointed this out as I had problems with this too

You using a PC or Mac?

setenv auto-boot true
saveenv <---- There is no "s"
fsboot
reboot

in the step by step there is an "s" in the saveenv which should not be there

I also did the "fsboot" and then a "reboot"

I am hoping that with the launch of iOS4 today that this will resolve my problem

hope this helps

pastarojna

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
does the same for me

i did the same thing , and my iphone was ok, however when i tried to downgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 it gave me the error 1015. The problem is when u upgraded to 4.0 it also upgraded base frame 05.13.04 and modem to 06,04.
Anyway now when u're truing to downgrade it will not let you because those two updates. I have the same problem...
sorry:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.