Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flying.oranges

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
i have an iphone4 and while upgrading to ios4.3.5 it showed up error 1611 and wont restore....It shows up same 1611 error while trying to restore officially....Phone is Detected in Itunes and it shows Iphone is in Recovery Mode...please help me guys...

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
Well there is way to get rid of this error all you need to do is to follow the steps as mentioned:

* You need to change the USB port of the phone is plugged in to. Don't plug the device.
* Restart the computer then plug the phone in and immediately restart the phone in DFU WHILE CONNECTED to the computer.
* Now hit restore

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
Additional info on this error 1611:

Error 1611: This error may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow the steps in this article. Also attempt to restore while connected with a known-good 30-pin Dock Connector cable, computer, and network to isolate this issue to the device. The MAC address being missing or the IMEI being the default value (00 499901 064000 0) can also confirm a hardware issue. Out-of-date or incorrectly configured proxy or security software, such as FoxyProxy, can cause error 1611. To troubleshoot third-party security software, follow these steps.

flying.oranges

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
is this a serious issue wid phone ???

is there any risk if the process specified by u fails.

m new to dis forum and m distraught....

what if i get the work done from an apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.