Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ressetas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
Hello,

I need help. I wanted to format my 16 GB USB flash drive using "Disk Utility" and I got message of error. And now my drive is out of use.

In the past I did that and everything went smooth.

What will you suggest, how to solve this problem?

Thank for help.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 344

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Hello,

I need help. I wanted to format my 16 GB USB flash drive using "Disk Utility" and I got message of error. And now my drive is out of use.

In the past I did that and everything went smooth.

What will you suggest, how to solve this problem?

Thank for help.

Might be a stick gone bad...Can you see the partition from DU ( click the partition tab at the top) If you can, erase it from there and try formatting it again....If it still fails, I'm guessing the stick is bad.

Ressetas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
Might be a stick gone bad...Can you see the partition from DU ( click the partition tab at the top) If you can, erase it from there and try formatting it again....If it still fails, I'm guessing the stick is bad.

No, stick is good, because I tried to format in another computer with Windows system and it did fine. Later I again connected stick to Mac and I tried to format and again the same problem. :(

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
No, stick is good, because I tried to format in another computer with Windows system and it did fine. Later I again connected stick to Mac and I tried to format and again the same problem. :(

Try to recreate the partition using disk utility. Then format the new partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.